AUSA FAMILY READINESS EVENTS AND EDUCATIONAL FORUMS
The AUSA Family Readiness Directorate is proud to offer events and educational forums both in Arlington, Virginia and across the country with local AUSA Chapter support. While generally open to everyone, AUSA Membership often allows for access to early registration options.
2020 Family Forum and Events
ACP Helps Military Spouses Advance Their Careers
Facebook Live: Discussion with American Corporate partners as they share details of their military spouse fortune 500 mentor Program.
AUSA Now, The Time is Now, the first all-virtual AUSA annual meeting!
The recorded videos from the AUSA Now meeting are available. If you have not done so already, click here to register online for AUSA Now. To access the “on demand” videos, go to www.ausa.org again, click on “Meetings & Events” > “AUSA Now” > “Program/Events” tab > “Main Agenda” from the drop down menu.
Military Family Forum 1 – Spouse Employment (Wednesday, 14 October, 1000-1100 EDT).
Supporting military spouse employment and careers without excessive delay or extra expense reduces moving stress, improves quality of life, and contributes to retention and readiness. Join us for a frank discussion on what the Federal Government, Department of Defense and private organizations are doing to support military spouses in their career aspirations. Topics include the new NAF Civilian Employment Assignment Tool, licensure reimbursement/reciprocity and other resources available to help spouses continue professional careers or find meaningful employment.
This forum featured:
- Ms. Lee Kelley, Director, Military Community Support Programs (DoD)
- Ms. Meredith Lozar, Director, Military Spouse Programs (Hiring our Heroes)
- Mr. Max Wyche, Deputy Chief of Staff, G-1 (AMC)
- Ms. Karen Wolfe, Chief, Staffing and Classification Division (AG1-CP)
- SGM Kristopher Rick, Veterans Employment and Transition Services (DOL)
Military Family Forum 2 – Military Moves (Thursday, 15 October, 1030-1130 EDT).
Moving can be an exciting time, but it can also be full of stress and uncertainty. Join us to learn about the great strides Army is making to improve housing, shipping household goods, and access to child care. This forum also features information on the Army’s new Digital Garrison App and things families can do to ensure their children return to school safely.
This forum featured:
- Ms. Patty Barron, Director, Family Readiness (AUSA)
- LTG Douglas Gabram, Commanding General, IMCOM
- MG Michel Russell, Director of Operations (G-4)
- Dr. Becky Porter, President and CEO, Military Child Education Coalition
- Ms. Helen Roadarmel, Chief, Child and Youth Services (DCS, G-9)
Military Family Forum 3 – Army Senior Leader Town Hall (Thursday, 15 October, 1400-1500 EDT).
People first, winning matters, Army Strong! The Army’s people, Soldiers, Regular Army, National Guard, and Reserve – their Families, Civilians, and Soldiers for Life – Retirees and Veterans are the Army’s greatest assets. People drive success and all the other Army priorities. Join us for this senior leader town hall to hear about the Army’s efforts to improve quality of life and increase readiness through caring for the Total Force.
This popular forum featured:
- HON Ryan McCarthy, Secretary of the Army
- GEN James McConville, Chief of Staff, Army
- SMA Michael Grinston, Sergeant Major of the Army
- LTG Jason Evans, Deputy Chief of Staff, G-9 (Moderator)
2019 AUSA Family Forums
2018 AUSA Family Forums
2017 AUSA Family Forums
AUSA Military Family Forum II: Soldier & Family Readiness: Identifying Needs & Leveling Expectations