AUSA Led the Way – Past Successes
- Prevention of new co-pays and fees for under 65 TRICARE beneficiaries \
- Elimination of the SBP – Social Security offset
- Approval of concurrent receipt
- Waiver of the Medicare Part B penalties for military Retired Soldiers(part of the Medicare legislation)
- TRICARE for Life for over 65 Retired Soldiers and the Pharmacy Benefit for all beneficiaries
- Reduction of the Catastrophic cap from $7500 to $3000
- Elimination of financial penalties for federally employed Retired Soldiers
- Full funding of TRICARE/Pharmacy Programs for all beneficiaries
The Soldier for Life patch and showing your pride
Back in December, I mentioned Retired Soldier Shoulder Sleeve Insignia, pictured here below.
That's the patch that Soldiers put on the left shoulder of their dress uniform when they retire to show they are no longer assigned to their last unit but are now one of our 1,000,000 Retired Soldiers.
I've seen some put the patch on civilian clothes too. Most don't wear their uniform after retiring but want to show their pride in serving the nation for over 20 years.
I was asked where to buy it. In December, it wasn't for sale at the Army and Air Force Exchange Service online though some retailers did have it.
Well, now it is! AAFES sells the Retired Soldier SSI for $11.50. Just search for "Soldier for Life" on the AAFES website or use this link https://lnkd.in/eVxXArs. Check out the SFL magnet too.
Show civilians that you're a proud Soldier for Life. Be ready to tell them about your service.
NEW free lifetime passes to National Parks for Veterans and Gold Star families
U.S. military Service members, Veterans and Gold Star Families are eligible to receive free lifetime access to more than 2,000 Federal recreation areas, including national parks, wildlife refuges, and forests.
The free Military Pass is a way to thank America's Veterans, Gold Star Families, and current military and their dependents for their support of our country and to encourage them to explore recreational opportunities on their public lands and waters.
The new lifetime passes will be available to distribute later in 2022. Until then, Gold Star Families and Veterans may continue to use The Interagency Annual Military Pass with proof of eligibility.
For details, see the new federal benefits fact sheet in MyArmyBenefits at https://lnkd.in/dX6RujYe
Resources for Retired Soldiers & Veterans
Retired Soldier Newsletter Archive