AUSA Led the Way – Past Successes
- Prevention of new co-pays and fees for under 65 TRICARE beneficiaries \
- Elimination of the SBP – Social Security offset
- Approval of concurrent receipt
- Waiver of the Medicare Part B penalties for military Retired Soldiers(part of the Medicare legislation)
- TRICARE for Life for over 65 Retired Soldiers and the Pharmacy Benefit for all beneficiaries
- Reduction of the Catastrophic cap from $7500 to $3000
- Elimination of financial penalties for federally employed Retired Soldiers
- Full funding of TRICARE/Pharmacy Programs for all beneficiaries
VA National Cemeteries No Longer Restricting Gathering Sizes at Committal and Memorial Services
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) National Cemetery Administration (NCA) today announced it would lift all restrictions on gathering sizes at committal and memorial services in VA national cemeteries starting on Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
Earlier this week, the NCA announced it had adjusted its rules for visitors and staff members in accordance with the CDC’s new guidance, Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People. Fully vaccinated persons are no longer required to wear masks and physically distance themselves while at a national cemetery.
Consistent with the new CDC guidance, NCA still requires persons who are not fully vaccinated to practice the safety procedures recommended by the CDC – such as wearing face coverings and maintaining physical distancing – while visiting a cemetery or attending a service.
For more information, please visit the NCA website, https://wwww.cem.va.gov or contact your local national cemetery.
Do you know your Education opportunities for Military and Veterans?
SBP School Certification Season is approaching and there are some great improvements this year!
Children between the ages of 18-22, who receive the DOD Survivor Benefit Plan annuity while attending school on a full-time basis, will soon receive their annual school certification packets containing a letter of instruction, DD Form 2788, and a Child Annuitant Past Attendance self-certification letter.
Certification is required to continue to receive the SBP annuity, which often pays for school.
New this year is the self-certification letter pre-populated with the prior school year’s information. No more need for a school form or school certification. The child annuitant just signs and returns the letter to DFAS. And no more certifying each semester. Only once a year now.
Also new is the DFAS Form 2788 Wizard that ‘takes the form out of the form.’ Just answer the questions asked on the website and the form is created. Like TurboTax. The child annuitant can also electronically sign and submit the form online.
Last new feature? The digital status notification that updates the child when their form is received, assigned, and whether it was able to be completed or not.
This is taking the pain out of SBP school certification.
Resources for Retired Soldiers
- U.S. Army Retired Soldier Handbook (2021)
- VA - Service Members Benefits
- VA - Separating/Retiring Benefits
- TRICARE Dental Program Enrollees Receive Annual Maximum Increase (2021)
- TRICARE Revises Telehealth Policy to Respond to COVID-19
- Military Hospital and Clinic Operations: COVID-19 Myths vs. Facts
- TRICARE Catastrophic Cap Refund Update
- Army Emergency Relief (AER) during COVID-19
- Access VA Care from Home (COVID-19)
- TRICARE Autism Care Demonstration (ACD). COVID-19
- 2019-2020 Retirement Planning Guide
- VA - Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors
- VA - Federal Compensation Rates (2021)
- VA - Survivors Pension Rates (2021)
- VA - Welcome Kit
- VA Mission Act
- MyArmyBenefits (Retirement, Survivor Benefits, Deployment, Disability Income)
- Army Retirement Services Officers
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Human Resources Command - Reserve Component Retirement
- Military Records Request
- National Resource Directory: An Online Partnership for Wounded, Ill, and Injured Servicemembers, Veterans, Their Families, and Those Who Support Them
- Social Security Administration
- Social Security Benefits for Veterans
- Soldier for Life
- TRICARE Regions: TRICARE East / TRICARE West
- TRICARE Benefit Resources (2021)
- TRICARE Costs Sheet (2021)
- TRICARE for Retired Soldiers
- Federal Employees Dental/Vision Program (FEDVIP)
- VA Burials and Memorials
- VA Claims Process
- VA GI Bill
- VA GI BILL Comparison Tool
- Veteran ID Card
- Veteran's Guide to Starting a Business
Retired Soldier Newsletter Archive