Retired Soldiers and Veterans

Retired Soldiers and Veterans

AUSA Led the Way – Past Successes

  • Prevention of new co-pays and fees for under 65 TRICARE beneficiaries
  • Elimination of the SBP – Social Security offset
  • Approval of concurrent receipt
  • Waiver of the Medicare Part B penalties for military Retired Soldiers(part of the Medicare legislation)
  • TRICARE for Life for over 65 Retired Soldiers and the Pharmacy Benefit for all beneficiaries
  • Reduction of the Catastrophic cap from $7500 to $3000
  • Elimination of financial penalties for federally employed Retired Soldiers
  • Full funding of TRICARE/Pharmacy Programs for all beneficiaries


NEW free lifetime passes to National Parks for Veterans and Gold Star families

U.S. military Service members, Veterans and Gold Star Families are eligible to receive free lifetime access to more than 2,000 Federal recreation areas, including national parks, wildlife refuges, and forests.

The free Military Pass is a way to thank America's Veterans, Gold Star Families, and current military and their dependents for their support of our country and to encourage them to explore recreational opportunities on their public lands and waters.

The new lifetime passes will be available to distribute later in 2022. Until then, Gold Star Families and Veterans may continue to use The Interagency Annual Military Pass with proof of eligibility.

For details, see the new federal benefits fact sheet in MyArmyBenefits at


Resources for Retired Soldiers & Veterans

Soldier for Life (SFL)

Retired Soldier Newsletter Archive

View Archive of Retired Soldier Newsletters