- IRS 501 (c) (3) tax exemption status requires no influence of elections.
- Therefore, we are prohibited from engaging, directly or indirectly, in any political campaign for or against a candidate for local, state or federal office.
- We can all meet with our senators, representatives, and congressional staff.
- Meet as a U.S. Citizen, Constituent, Soldier, Veteran, Patriot and AUSA Member – Region/Chapter President
- Advocate for AUSA Focus Areas.
- AUSA does not lobby or advocate for state and local legislation.
- Be careful inviting elected officials to an AUSA event:
- No campaign speeches or campaigning.
- Consult with VP, Membership & Meetings and Government Affairs
Any questions regarding chapter advocacy should be directed to a member of the Government Affairs team.