The Association of the United States Army (AUSA) advocates in support of these Focus Areas for the Total Army and our membership:
- Total Army: Regular, National Guard, Reserve, Army civilians, families, survivors, caregivers, and veterans.
- AUSA Membership: Individual members, National and Community Partners, and likeminded associations.
- AUSA supports efforts to strengthen the Army – which is integral to national security.
On time Defense, Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations and on time National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
- Pass the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Defense, Military Construction, and Veterans Affairs appropriations bills in time for the new FY.
- Pass the FY 2023 NDAA on time. Provide increased funding and authorities for the Department of Defense (DoD) to improve readiness and to modernize, while enhancing quality of life in support of Soldiers and Army families.
Support the Army People Strategy for Regular Army, National Guard, and Reserve Soldiers, Army Civilians, and Army Families for:
- Fully resourced programs to prevent suicide, sexual assault, and harassment.
- Programs to enhance diversity and inclusion and build effective, cohesive teams.
- Competitive compensation for Soldiers and Army civilians.
- Top quality-of-life programs to increase Soldier and family resilience and retention and to enhance the Total Army. This includes health care, child care, housing, spouse employment support, and change-of-station moves.
- 21st Century Talent Management and Army leadership programs.
- Provide on-time, appropriate funding to continue improving readiness throughout the Total Army.
- Maintain the momentum of the Army’s modernization efforts to stay ahead of adversaries and ensure Soldiers are never in a fair fight.
Defense Industrial Base and Army Infrastructure
- Modernize the DoD support base and secure the defense supply chain to enhance readiness.
- Depots and maintenance facilities, training ranges, and deployment centers.
- Manufacturing and acquisition supply chain.
- Ensure access to materials critical to national security (e.g., medications, raw materials, and other resources) from secure sources.
- Strengthen cyber security.
- Support a healthy, resilient, and expandable defense industry and defense acquisition system.