Center for Leadership
The AUSA Center for Leadership educates, inspires, and connects AUSA chapters, ROTC units, and the Total Army.
AUSA's General (Retired) Bob Brown, AUSA’s President and CEO, established the Center for Leadership on October 1st, 2021 to help develop leaders of character and cohesive teams across the Total Army. The Center for Leadership participates in myriad forums and platforms to share leader development ideas and best practices including at the AUSA Leader Solarium and AUSA Leadership Staff Ride and throughout the “On Leadership” section of Army Magazine.
Deliver relevant and inspirational leader development programs to the Total Army.
Educate, inspire, and connect leaders at the brigade level and below by bridging the gap between Army priorities and leader development efforts.
The AUSA Center for Leadership Team
Colonel (Ret.) Scott Halstead
CSM (Ret.) Mario O. Terenas
Senior Program Manager
AUSA Center for Leadership Chairs
General (Ret.) David Perkins
Distinguished Chair for Leadership
CSM (Ret.) David Clark
Senior NCO Leadership Chair
Center for Leadership Events
- March 24, 2023: Fort Stewart Leadership Forum
- April 12-13: Nevada ARNG Leadership Forum
- April 27-29: Wisconsin ARNG Leadership Forum
- May 16-18: LANPAC Leadership Forum
- July 26-27: AUSA Warfighter Summit & Exposition Leadership Panel
- October 9-11: 2023 AUSA Annual meeting
- Leader Solarium
- Young Professional Forum
- “Inspiration to Lead” Exercise
- Young Professional Advisory Council Meeting
- February 8, 2023: Leadership Staff Ride to the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture and the National Museum of the United States Army
- October 10-12, 2022: Leader Solarium at the 2022 AUSA Annual Meeting
- October 11, 2022: Inspiration to Lead Exercise
- October 8, 2022: Staff Ride to the National Museum of the United States Army
- May 17-19, 2022: Junior Leader Solarium at LANPAC
Leadership Classes and Modules
The AUSA Center for Leadership will have the unique opportunity to leverage technology to accelerate learning and inspire audiences on leadership topics. Modules will be available for our 9 regions and 122 chapters in April 2023!
AUSA Young Professional Program
The Center for Leadership will unveil the updated AUSA Young Professional Program in mid-March. Stay tuned for event updates and program details!