COL(R) Ben "Luke" Lukefahr
COL(R) Ben "Luke" Lukefahr
Pacific Region, AUSA President
Ben “Luke” Lukefahr, currently serves as the President for the Pacific Region (consisting of Japan, Korea, Alaska and Hawaii) of the Association of the United States Army.
Prior to this position he served as the Chapter President for the Hawaii Chapter from 2011-2016. During that time frame the Hawaii Chapter earned Best Chapter 2012, 2014 and 2015 and Best Overseas Chapter 2012 and 2015. When not volunteering to support AUSA, Luke is a Department of the Army Civilian, were he serves as the Director, Hq, US Army Hawaii (USARHAW), U.S. Army Pacific. Luke is the Senior Commander’s (SC) primary coordinator, synchronizer, and monitor for the Army Force Generation (AFORGEN). Provides direct support and assistance to the Senior Commander (Army Two Star General), who is responsible for providing administrative control (ADCON) and Title 10 functions to all assigned, attached, and tenant US Amy Pacific (USARPAC) units located on Hawaii. Retired from active duty in Aug 2010, having served 30 years as an Intelligence Officer with the United States Army.
- Oct 2013 – Present: Director, US Army Hawaii, US Army Pacific, Fort Shafter Hawaii
- June 2013 – October 2013: Director, Office of Government and Congressional Liaison, U.S. Army Pacific, Fort Shafter, HI.
- October 2011 – June 2013: Deputy Chief of Staff, Joint Task Force Homeland Defense, U.S. Pacific Command, Fort Shafter, HI.
- April 2010 – October 2011: Deputy Director, Contingency Command Post, U.S. Army Pacific, Fort Shafter, HI.
- May 2009 – April 2010: G5, Chief of Plans, G3/5/7, US Army Pacific Command, Fort Shafter, HI.
- May 2008 – May 2009: Senior Advisor, Intelligence Transition Team, Multinational Security Transition Command, Baghdad, Iraq.
- June 2005 – May 2008: Chief of Staff, NSA/CSS Hawaii, National Security Agency/Central Security Service, Kunia HI.
- June 2003 – June 2005: 115th Military Intelligence Group Commander and Deputy Commander, Kunia Regional Security Operations Center, Intelligence and Security Command/National Security Agency/Central Security Service, Schofield Barracks, HI.
- July 2000 – June 2001: Chief of Staff, Menwith Hill Station, United Kingdom
- MPA, Public Administration, Shippensburg, PA (2002)
- MA, Strategic Studies, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle, PA (2002)
- BS, Wildlife Management, Texas A&I University, Kingsville, TX (1980)
- Senior Leader Seminar (2017)
- Defense Support of Civil Authorities Phase II (2012)
- Foreign Disclosure Officer (2010)
- Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Norfolk, VA (2005)
- U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, PA (2002)
- Command and General Staff College, Ft. Leavenworth, KS (1994)
- Junior Officer Cryptologic Career Program, National Security Agency, Ft. Meade, MD (1991)
- Military Intelligence Officer Advanced Course, US Army Intelligence Center, Ft. Huachuca, AZ (1985)
- Military Intelligence Officer Basic Course, US Army Intelligence Center, FT. Huachuca, AZ (1980
Awards and Honors:
- Patriotic Award (2015)
- Joint Civilian Service Commendation Medal (2013)
- Special Performance Awards (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Bronze Star Medal (2009)
- Defense Superior Service Medal (2008)
- Legion of Merit (2005, 2010)
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal (1990, 1998, 2001)
- Meritorious Service Medal (1988, 1991, 1996, 2000)
- Joint Service Commendation Medal (1991)
- Army Commendation Medal (1982, 1985, 1987, 1996)
- Army Achievement Medal (1986)
- Distinguished Military Graduate (1980)
- Association of the United States Army (AUSA)
- Military Officer Association of America (MOAA)