COL (R) Chris Kennedy
COL (R) Chris Kennedy
Colonel (Retired) Christopher K. Kennedy enlisted in the U.S. Army in November 1990, and upon graduation from the U.S. Army Officer Candidate School, was commissioned an Armor Officer on May 31, 1991. His first duty assignment was as an M1A1 Tank Platoon Leader in the 4th Battalion, 67th Armor Regiment, 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division at Friedberg, Germany.
His subsequent duty assignments include:
- • 1992 to 1994 – Company Executive Officer 4th Battalion, 67th Armor Regiment, 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division at Friedberg, Germany.
- • 1995 to 1996 – Corps Training Officer, I Corps, Fort Lewis, Washington.
- • 1996 to 1999 – S3 Air, later Delta Company Commander and later Headquarters & Headquarters Company Commander, 1-33 Armor, 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Lewis Washington.
- • 1999 to 2002 – Armor Branch Assignment Officer (LTs, CPTs, and MAJs subsequently) U.S. Army PERSCOM, Alexandria, Virginia.
- • 2003 to 2006 – Operations Office and later Executive Officer, 2/3 ACR, Iraq (OIF I) and Fort Carson and Regimental Executive Officer, 3d ACR, Iraq (OIF III).
- • 2006 to 2008 – Armor Colonel’s Assignment Officer, Senior Leader Development Office, Department of the Army Staff, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- • 2008 to 2011 – Squadron Commander, 3rd Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Georgia and Iraq (OIF VII).
- • 2011 to 2012 – G3, Maneuver Center of Excellence, Fort Benning, Georgia.
- • 2013 to 2014 – Maneuver, Fires, and Effects Division Chief, Officer Personnel Management Directorate, Human Resources Command, Fort Knox, Kentucky.
- • 2014 to 2016 – Brigade Commander, 4th Cavalry Brigade, 1st Army East, Fort Knox, Kentucky.
- 2016 to 2019 – G3, Human Resources Command, Fort Knox, Kentucky.
2019 to 2021 Director, Strategic Initiatives Group, DCS, G-9 Army Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
Chris is a is a graduate of the U.S. Army War College (Resident Course), the U. S. Army Command & General Staff Officer’s Course (Resident Course), the Armor Officer’s Advanced Course, the Battalion Maintenance Officer’s Course, the Armor Officer’s Basic Course, and the Airborne School.
His military awards include the Distinguished Service Medal, Legion of Merit (3), the Bronze Star Medal (3), the Army Meritorious Service Medal (7), the Army Commendation Medal (5), the Army Achievement Medal (2), the National Defense Service Medal (2), the Iraq Campaign Medal (3), the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, the Armed Forces Reserve Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Overseas Service Ribbon (4), the Army Staff Badge, the Combat Action Badge, and the Parachutist Badge.
He is a member of the Order of Saint George, the Order of Saint Maurice, the Horatio Gates Bronze Medal, and is recognized as a distinguished member of the 3d Cavalry Regiment.
After retiring in 2021, Chris became an adjunct History Professor at Thomas More University in Crestview Hills, KY and also became a certified Social Studies Teacher. He taught social studies at St. Cecilia Catholic School in Independence, KY in 2021 and 2022 and he is also a licensed real estate agent with Keller Williams Realty Services in Northern Kentucky and the owner of Kennedy Team Properties, L.L.C.