John W. Dixon Award
John W. Dixon Award
The JOHN W. DIXON AWARD was established in 1989 and is presented annually for distinguished service in the industrial community resulting in outstanding contributions to national defense.
- Awarded annually to an individual of the industrial community contributing to national defense.
- Candidates must be identified as a Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, or President of a corporation, or hold a comparable position.
- Elected or appointed federal government officials (except Civilian Aides to the Secretary of the Army who have served multiple terms) are deferred from consideration to receive the Dixon Award while in office.
- Members of the AUSA Board of Directors are deferred from consideration to receive the Dixon Award while serving on the board.
- Those nominated or selected are required to be a National Partner of the Association.
- Candidate must be present to accept the award at the Association’s Annual Meeting
|1989||John W. Dixon||E-Systems|
|1990||Robert N. Parker||LTV Missiles & Electronics G|
|1991||Stanley C. Pace||General Dynamics Corporation|
|1992||Dr. Malcolm R. Currie||Hughes Aircraft Company|
|1993||Sanford N. McDonnell||McDonnell Douglas Corpor|
|1994||Thomas G. Pownall||Martin Marietta Corporation|
|1995||James R. Mellor||General Dynamics Corporation|
|1996||Daniel M. Tellep||Lockheed Martin Corporation|
|1997||Dennis J. Picard||Raytheon Company|
|1998||Jay A. Musselman||Lockheed Martin Vought Syste|
|1999||Philip A. Odeen||TRW|
|2000||Dan R. Bannister||DynCorp|
|2001||Harry C. Stonecipher||The Boeing Company|
|2002||Honorable Norman R. Augustine||Lockheed-Martin|
|2003||Dr. Jack London||CACI International Inc.|
|2004||Louis J. Giuliano||ITT|
|2005||Joseph Kampf||Anteon International|
|2006||Robert L. Nardelli||The Home Depot|
|2007||James A. Armour||AM General LLC|
|2008||William H. Swanson||Raytheon|
|2009||Robert Bohn||Oshkosh Corporation|
|2010||Michael T. Strianese||L-3 Services Group|
|2011||W. James McNerney||The Boeing Company|
|2012||Mark S. Newman||DRS Technologies|
|2013||Linda P. Hudson||BAE Systems|
|2014||David F. Melcher||Exelis Incorporated|
|2015||Wes Bush||Northrop Grumman Corporation|
|2016||Marillyn Hewson||Lockheed Martin|
|2017||Dennis A. Muilenburg||The Boeing Company|
|2018||Roger A. Krone||Leidos|
|2020||Eileen Drake||Aerojet Rocketdyne|
|2021||James Schenck||PenFed Credit Union|