The Association of the United States Army (AUSA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization with over 100,000 members and 121 chapters. The Association, headquartered in Arlington, VA, has an annual operating budget greater than $30 million.
The Web Content Intern reports to the Chief Technology Officer, and will have extensive collaboration with the entire AUSA National team, as well as our chapter volunteers around the world. This person will play an role in the content marketing efforts for AUSA including but not limited to AUSA.org and other public-facing web properties. The candidate will work both internally and externally to assist in managing the AUSA site both at a tactical and technical level. In addition, he or she must find innovative, creative and measurable ways to leverage AUSA’s web properties to drive leads, maximize member engagement, and to promote revenue-related offerings online. This candidate must possess a high level of energy and a passion for collaboration, and will work closely with internal stakeholders to launch new content, keep it updated, and continually optimized.
This position calls for a degree of understanding of web strategy, web accessibility, web metrics, SEO, user experience, social media, and digital strategy. This person will assist with making AUSA’s web properties primed for lead generation and an optimal user experience, while balancing the overall message of AUSA. The primary focus for this individual will be to assist with coordination of content publishing schedules and deliverables with internal stakeholders responsible for the online content of AUSA chapters, membership services and solutions.
This person must be able to multitask and demonstrate the ability to be successful in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Closely manage AUSA’s public-facing, revenue-related web and mobile properties including the national website and all associated micro-sites, landing pages, and related communications.
- Assist in the development and publishing of web content for new pages and updates to existing pages, for AUSA National and chapters.
- Support project timelines and scheduling across simultaneous projects while coordinating content deliverables, stakeholder feedback and approvals.
- Aid SEO and assist with content strategy for the AUSA National website.
- Contribute to editorial assets such as a publishing calendar, content inventory, etc.
- Track, and report ongoing website metrics to gauge site performance, and provide continual optimization strategies, interactions or other recommendations.
- 1+ years of web marketing, web content management experience desired.
- A solid understanding of information architecture, web usability, audience segmentation, web governance, user experience, WCAG 2.0 Accessibility standards and best practices for writing for the web.
- Demonstrated experience working within open-source Web Content Management Systems, such as Drupal or Wordpress.
- Basic proficiency in HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, and graphic design
- Proficient with web metrics tools, primarily Google Analytics and Tag Manager, and able to understand the role of analytics data and how it factors into web content strategy.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects concurrently and willing to switch focus quickly as needed
- Knowledgeable of SEO best-practices.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, focused on quality assurance and customer service, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
- Familiarity with, or connection to, the U.S. Army is welcomed.