Winning complex, multi-domain conflicts against any adversary, anytime & anywhere, takes innovation
EY Government and Public Sector Consulting
Our mission is Building a better working world . Our professionals are committed to this mission. For more than 100 years we have helped clients not only address today’s challenges, but also take advantage of changes in workforce needs, decrease risk and achieve organizational ambitions. Ernst & Young LLP (EY) does this by developing and integrating solutions that often include expertise among multiple supply chain, strategy, risk, operations, technology, financial services and human capital agendas.
EY teams serve some of the world’s largest companies across 16 different industry sectors. Among them are 96% of the Fortune 50 companies, 82% of the Fortune Global 500 and 70% of the Forbes Global 2000. We have more than 330,000 professionals and 700 office locations in more than 150 countries across the globe.
We help digital pioneers fight data piracy; guide governments through cash-flow crises; unlock new medical treatments with data analytics; and pursue high-quality audits to build trust in financial markets and business. In other words, bring the knowledge and expertise necessary to help solve their most pressing challenges.
I’m excited to work with a team of professionals who live the Army’s values, share a common commitment to people first and foremost, and deliver innovative solutions to the Army’s toughest problems, improving Readiness for the Army, Soldiers and Families.
Dan Allyn, General,
US Army Retired and
Ernst & Young LLP
How do we achieve and maintain Total Army Readiness through 2028?
EY solutions deliver integrated capabilities to help the Army build an agile and adaptive force that achieves land dominance across the full spectrum of conflict as part of the joint force.
We are committed to protecting our nation and serving our people; increasing public safety; improving quality of life for our military, our veterans, their families and our communities; delivering essential services; and helping those at risk and in need.
The Army’s focus on modernization requires the right people, with the right capabilities, in the right place, doing the right things. EY will help get you where you need to go.
How we support the Army
Working with both government and commercial clients enables us to provide cutting edge technology, practices and data insights to meet evolving mission requirements. Forrester Research named EY as a leader in innovative consulting services because of our ability to blend business, design & advanced technology into collaborative teams.
Business Relationship and Economic Threat Analysis (BRETA)
BRETA leverages the firm’s experience across six disciplines (financial, technical, regulatory, technical, supply chain, cyber and geopolitical) to provide potential supply chain related risks and mitigation strategies.
EY deploys this capability to defense critical technology programs within the DoD. We use publicly available and subscription data to identify and triage relevant business, economic, and operational-related risks across the defense ecosystem of business relationships (customers, suppliers, joint ventures, partnerships, etc.) to give decision makers the complete picture.
EY supports the Army as it revolutionizes financial management processes, business rules, and systems in one of the most complex transformations ever attempted. The Army’s Installation Management Command (IMCOM) required surge support to establish opening balances for real property assets.
We have close to 200 EY professionals at 44 Army installations across the globe to help conduct the inventory analysis. Over 90% of these resources are veterans and military spouses.
My work with EY has enabled me as a military spouse to give back a portion of what the Army has given me over the past 17 years.
Military spouse working on IMCOM Team
Army Leadership Insights & Analytics
Army leaders need the right information, at the right time, to make decisions and understand impacts. EY professionals created an enterprise analytics platform for the US Army called the Army Leader Dashboard (ALD) with the aim to reduce the time to access information while maintaining tight security controls.
ALD analyzed and visualized information in near-real-time from multiple sources. Use of AWS tools allowed data integration capabilities and robust predictive analytics in areas such as personnel and equipment readiness and personnel retention.
Government & Public Sector Solutions
Our Government & Public Sector brings together teams of highly skilled professionals from our strategy, transaction and consulting services. We combine private sector leading practices with an understanding of the defense community’s unique needs to drive innovative and practical approaches.
We offer solutions aimed to help the US defense community achieve its mission of protecting the nation and serving its people.
- People strategy: The Army prioritizes its people (Soldier and Civilian), focusing on transforming how it acquires, develops, employs and retains talent. The EY Future of Work solution suite offers customizable methodologies demonstrated to mature evolving workforces, the role of HR and the maximize talent while improving both readiness and quality of life.
- Logistics and supply chain: The Army manages a complex supply chain, necessitating synchronized processes, structure and policies while enabling readiness and modernization. We help organizations reimagine supply chain operations by leveraging leading-edge technologies such as data analytics, machine learning, automated intelligence and demand forecasting.
- Transformation: The joint force of the future requires an agile and adaptive Army to meet evolving mission requirements. EY Agency Transformation solutions provide frameworks and tools to enhance modernization from strategy development though implementation and assessment.
- Innovation: We are committed to helping the Army realize its Readiness, Modernization, and Reform goals while driving accountability, transparency and mission success. A recognized world leader in innovation consulting, EY takes our clients from ideation to implementation.
- Technology: As the Army modernizes its installations and facilities to support new technologies and material, it must develop more efficient, effective and resilient systems. Our award-winning technology transformation teams help clients address their technology needs across mission support activities.
- Financial management: Accountability and cost-savings measures are critical to operational readiness as the Army operates under tight budgetary constraints. EY teams assist in adapting to audit requirements and maintaining control over usable funding through enhancing business processes, improving internal controls, and reducing repetitive and wasteful activities.
- Cybersecurity: Emerging threats and vulnerabilities require proactive protection of critical capabilities, data and technologies. EY Trust by Design and Infrastructure Management solutions support more integrated, effective and resilient systems.
Global public sector focus
- We serve governments across the globe, bringing broad and deep experience in meeting the challenges of public sector clients.
- We deploy teams with a mix of public sector and commercial experience to drive innovative, practical solutions for our government clients.
- We bring leading commercial practices through our support of some of the largest companies across 16 different industry sectors.
- Our collaborations with innovation and technology organizations mean that we can help drive technology investments and enable better business outcomes.
- We have 330,000 people working across 150 countries; many of them supporting federal, state and local governments today.
- Our distinct ability to access our global network allows us to quickly bring the right experience on the issues and challenges that matter to our clients.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
Ernst & Young LLP is a client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited operating in the US.
EY is a leader in serving the global financial services marketplace
Nearly 51,000 EY financial services professionals around the world provide integrated assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to our asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance clients. In the Americas, EY is the only public accounting organization with a separate business unit dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Created in 2000, the Americas Financial Services Organization today includes more than 11,000 professionals at member firms in over 50 locations throughout the US, the Caribbean and Latin America.
EY professionals in our financial services practices worldwide align with key global industry groups, including the EY Global Wealth & Asset Management Center, Global Banking & Capital Markets Center, Global Insurance Center and Global Private Equity Center, which act as hubs for sharing industry-focused knowledge on current and emerging trends and regulations in order to help our clients address key issues. Our practitioners span many disciplines and provide a well-rounded understanding of business issues and challenges, as well as integrated services to our clients.
With a global presence and industry-focused advice, EY financial services professionals provide high-quality assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, including operations, process improvement, risk and technology, to financial services companies worldwide.