Salary Range: $50-55k
The Association of the United States Army (www.ausa.org) is seeking a Budget Analyst reporting directly to the Vice President, Membership and Meetings. The Budget Analyst will provide professional support to this fast-paced, 36-person department by tracking all income and expenses for the Membership, Meetings, and IT departments and for AUSA’s major annual meetings. The Budget Analyst will also provide administrative support to the Vice President, Membership and Meetings.
Major responsibilities include:
- Conducting year-over-year budget analysis for programs and events, using spreadsheet software and AUSA’s Association Management System (AMS);
- Preparing and processing invoices and coding payments and expenses based on general ledger codes and staff responsibility;
- Performing budget forecasting based on past activities and current AUSA performance goals and metrics;
- Assisting the Directors of the Membership, Meetings, and IT Departments with budget matters and reconciling with AUSA’s Accounting Department;
- Providing administrative support to the Vice President, Membership and Meetings, including scheduling appointments, managing contracts, correspondence, ordering supplies, making travel arrangements, and other duties as required.
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; 2-3 years of experience in financial analysis/budgeting and administrative operations; strong computer skills including proficiency with spreadsheet software; highly detailed oriented with excellent proofing skills; outstanding written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively convey financial/budgeting concepts to colleagues. Experience with Salesforce Fonteva or other AMS systems preferred.
Interested candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced, dead-line oriented position and take strong initiative on projects with appropriate supervision. Occasional travel may be required.
AUSA conducts background checks prior to employment offer. EOE.