SparkCognition Government Systems
SparkCognition Government Systems
SparkCognition Government Systems (SGS) is a leading artificial intelligence (AI) company that employs proven technological capabilities to address the nation’s most critical security and defense missions. A wholly-owned subsidiary of SparkCognition, Inc., a leader in industrial AI solutions, SGS develops and deploys defense and government applications, applying the latest in AI technology to meet the demands of a continuously shifting defense environment.
SGS leverages commercially developed and deployed technology that has been delivered to some of the largest companies in the world. This creates a unique advantage for SGS through having access to mature technology when developing its defense and national security solutions. SGS can then align its solutions to its defense customers’ needs and workflows to ensure the most effective, high-impact outcome for the warfighter.
Using domestically-developed technologies, SGS supports US government missions by evaluating complex data to facilitate and inform more effective, timely decision-making, applying predictive and prescriptive analytical techniques to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of mission-critical assets, and deploying machine learning models that provide multi-domain insights to drive more effective operations. SGS’s mission is the enablement of warfighter readiness across a wide range of mission types, focused specifically on:
- Asset Intelligence: Maximizing asset lifetime performance through predictive technologies that increase availability and uptime
- Force Multiplier: Upskilling and enhancing the capabilities of soldiers, sailors, and airmen through the use of analytical insights while capturing, retaining, and sharing team knowledge
- Decision Optimization: Streamlining decision-making, reducing operational uncertainty, and increasing asset and human efficiency
SGS is led by the most recognized and experienced leaders in government and national defense:
- Robert O. Work: 32nd United States Deputy Secretary of Defense (2014–2017), serving in the Obama and Trump administrations
- Lt. Gen. Ken Hunzeker: Former Deputy Commander, United States Forces–Iraq and Commander,1st Infantry Division and the 5th U.S. Corps, both in U.S. Army Europe
- Admiral John M. Richardson: Retired United States Navy four-star Admiral and 31st Chief of Naval Operations (2015–2019)
- Amir Husain: Founder and CEO of SparkCognition and founding CEO of SkyGrid
- Logan Jones: Former Vice President and founding member of Boeing HorizonX
Enabled by advanced research and development, SGS products create AI-powered bridges between software and hardware that enhance the success of defense tactics and strategies.
Digital Maintenance Advisor (DMA) enables maintainers to understand and solve crucial asset operational problems quickly and effectively. Created to deliver dependable, prescriptive troubleshooting and maximize asset uptime, DMA employs industry-proven technology to address the needs of maintenance teams charged with maximizing mission-critical asset performance. Value enabled by DMA includes:
- Enhanced asset availability and reduced downtime through predictive/prescriptive maintenance
- Operational insights and visibility for strategic planning
- Improved team member knowledge that leverages prescriptive analyses, capturing, retaining, and operationalizing warfighter knowledge
- Improved demand forecasting and inventory management
- Intelligently allocated resources based on demand forecasts
Multi-Domain Awareness Advisor (MDAA) provides improved command and control capabilities by analyzing a wide range of disparate data types in real time—mitigating cognitive overload, and integrating analyst and warfighter insights. MDAA uses normal behavior modeling to achieve timely and effective decision-making by shortening Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act (OODA) loop intervals. By using AI-powered anomaly detection, target sensing and classification techniques, endpoint protection solutions, and real-time recommendations, MDAA enables greater force effectiveness, higher lethality, and enhanced survivability while improving human decision-making and maximizing mission success probability.
Multi-Domain Awareness Advisor (MDAA) is shortening the OODA loop and enhancing command and control for decision dominance. MDAA enhances domain awareness and indicates meaningful anomalies detection using the compounding effects of full-spectrum AI/ML solutions.
Value enabled by MDAA includes:
- Flexible deployments for use across echelons and across the globe from operations centers to the tactical edge
- Enhanced domain awareness detecting meaningful anomalies leveraging full-spectrum AI/ML
- Reduced warfighter, analyst, and watch stander cognitive loads by enabling AI teaming that focuses on the most relevant data first
- Explainable, secure, and upgradable AI in near real-time to eliminate black boxes as battlefield information evolves
- Provide contested battle management predictive-sensing and adaptive behaviors subject to cyber, kinetic, and electronic warfare attrition cases
SGS provides a full technology suite that delivers end-to-end solutions and enables warfighters to make better decisions. Its commercially deployed AI products have been improving performance in the industrial sector since 2013 and now stand ready to support the United States military’s full spectrum of operational requirements.