Expanding Defense Capabilities
RUGGED EMBEDDED COMPUTING SOLUTIONS
Kontron’s feature-rich and technically advanced defense computing solutions are proven to meet harsh environment reliability, survivability and SWAP-C requirements.
Achieved through decades of experience engineering rugged, high performance mission critical computers, boards and enclosures, Kontron excels at delivering COTS application-ready platforms and customized systems specifically designed to accelerate time to deployment.
SHORTEST ROUTE TO DEPLOYMENT WITH COTS OPEN ARCHTECTURE PLATFORMS
Budget limitations and cost-cutting mandates have led the DoD to adopt an open systems standards approach with the goal of enhancing innovation and competition while streamlining deployments. Using modular open systems architecture technologies allows developers to re-use components across multiple platforms and applications. It also lets defense program managers adapt quicker and be more responsive to integrating new technologies or satisfying updated user requirements. Developers are more assured that technology will “just work” when integrating open systems architecture platforms.
ADVANTAGES OF OPEN ARCHITECTURE PLATFORMS
LARGEST PORTFOLIO OF RUGGED BOARDS AND MODULES
Kontron’s portfolio of rugged boards and modules extends from the versatile rugged COMe module to VPX for high-performance systems and VME and CompactPCI for tech refresh programs. All boards and modules are optimized for SWaP (Space, Weight, and Power) while maximizing processing and I/O performance making them an ideal choice for a wide range of deployed mission computing or sensor processing applications, including:
- Next-Generation Combat Mission Computing Systems
- Battlefield Sensor Systems: Radar, SIGINT, EO/IR
- Autonomous Vehicles: UAVs, UUVs, UGVs
- Communications, Command, Control and Intelligence (C4ISR)
- Combat Management Systems
RUGGED BOARDS AND MODULES
Breakthrough VPX (VITA 46)/OpenVPX (VITA 65) products offer superior processing and I/O performance, especially for systems with SOSA™ requirements.
Kontron’s continual VME technology evolution has kept VME a proven platform choice with ongoing advancements to processor performance and supporting higher bandwidth.
Kontron offers the broadest portfolio of CompactPCI boards giving developers enhanced design flexibility for scalable, modular, and highly ruggedized platforms.
Kontron’s COM Express and SMARC modules streamline design customization and offer a highly-reliable, feature-rich proven building block platform.
Open Systems Architecture for server-class defense platforms
Kontron is committed to meeting Open Systems Architecture challenges in defense systems with our participation in standards activities such as the Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA™) Consortium and by engineering advanced products. Developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard, the Kontron VX305C-40G is the first instance of a new, fully-defined OpenVPX SBC profile designed to specifically meet U.S. defense community goals in their adoption of Open System Architecture (OSA) computing platforms.
RUGGED MISSION COMPUTING
COBALT™ small form factor with no ITAR restrictions
- Cobalt 901|100 and 400 series – Features Intel® multi-core processors with configurable front panel I/O
- Cobalt 901|400 with MIL-STD-1553 – adds an L2 Ethernet switch, and two dual redundant MIL-STD-1553A/B channels
- COBALT™ 902 - Situational Awareness Quad Channel H.264 Encoder
- Pre-qualified COTS solution can be easily modified to meet specific mission requirements
ApexVX- Multi-mission system
- Pre-qualified deployable COTS OpenVPX solution
- Flexible design, conduction-cooled structure
- System management and PBIT System Test
HIGH PERFORMANCE EMBEDDED COMPUTING (HPEC)
Kontron’s HPEC systems balance processing power with I/O bandwidth enabling defense system integrators to match advanced, sensor or machine learning application requirements. These server-class Intel® Xeon® D-based HPEC systems deliver the transformative power to handle huge deep learning data sets.
- Scalable high performance computing for tough deployed applications
- Support for PCI Express Gen3 and 10/40 Gigabit Ethernet (and beyond) between boards to maximize system throughput.
RUGGED HPEC PLATFORMS
StarVX- Pre-Qualified HPEC Platform
- Compact 3U OpenVPX Air Cooled solutions
- Turn-Key Linux parallel system with 8 or 12 core Broadwell DE blades
- Balanced I/O and CPU power
- System management and runtime system monitoring
COBALT™ S1901 Rugged High Performance Platform
- COM Express Intel® High Performance Processor
- Expansion slots for multiple GPU,FPGA accelerators, or video modules
- Multiple high speed interface and high capacity storage options
- Ruggedized & modular platform for defense deployments
For more information, visit https://www.kontron.com/