The NextAdvantage, Accelerating for Convergence
Tomorrow’s fight will be different. For decades, the United States military maintained a capability and readiness advantage, but peer competitors have rapidly modernized and are closing this gap. Today, we need a new digital advantage. To sense. Make sense. And act.
Cubic Mission and Performance Solutions empowers defense and intelligence customers to accelerate the NextAdvantage™ with complementary solutions that enable assured multi-domain access, converged digital intelligence and superior warfighting readiness to deliver convergence and enable high-tempo multi-domain operations.
Decision Dominance – Enabled by Data to the Edge
Cubic’s All-Domain Data Platform (AD2P) disseminates real-time ISR through high-performance computing at the edge. A next-generation, modular, open-systems data platform built on the Unified DataTM architecture, AD2P enables situational awareness for Department of Defense (DoD) and partner nation commanders across all domains at the tactical, operational and strategic levels.
Edge intelligence that drives superior and timely decisions is predicated on:
- Enabling best-of-breed data fusion of different sensor sources (preprocessing at the edge) and open data access using subscriber interfaces.
- Routing information at the edge is derived from the data through embedded, edge-based business rules and AI.
- Decision-making has shifted to the flash point at which information and action meet the commander’s intent.
AD2P enables data preprocessing and rapidly sharing processed information to highly mobile endpoints. This is essential for the hyper-enabled warfighter and to cloud AI and cognitive services, which shrink the decision space and allow for more informed and timely decision-making.
Assured Communications in Degraded Environments
To address current and emerging mission growth challenges, Cubic developed HaloTM, a software-defined antenna for airborne, surface, and ground platforms. Incorporating Cubic’s patented digital beam-forming array, Halo’s single antenna achieves multiple simultaneous links to transmit voluminous amounts of video, voice and data over a mesh network. It can implement any Common Data Link (CDL) waveform, scale to any waveform type or bandwidth, and can be independently selected for each data link. Halo eliminates the need for crowded antenna farms because its one low-profile antenna that drives down deployment and sustainability costs.
Halo uses its Battlefield Spectrum Survey (BSS) rather than a Global Positioning System (GPS) for discovery, which is crucial to operations in denied environments. Its precise control over directional beams provides inherent Low Probability of Detection (LPD), Low Probability of Intercept (LPI), and Anti-Jam (AJ) characteristics that, when coupled with a protected waveform such as Cubic’s MerlinTM, is exceptionally effective, resilient and secure across a range of threat environments—from permissive to denied/degraded environments that are highly contested.
Sustaining Readiness for Multi-Domain Operations
America’s Army must train in realistic, all-domain environments that build and sustain readiness for the emerging multi-domain fight. As the recognized global leader in ground and air instrumentation for training, Cubic delivers solutions that sharpen our warfighters’ decisive edge and ensures they have the advantage in every fight:
- Cubic’s Soldier Virtual Trainer (SVT) solutions enable Soldiers to pre-qualify and certify with weapons skills, use of force, and joint fires tasks, which improve the quality and quantity of realistic training repetitions.
- Cubic’s Live Training Systems (LTS) solutions allow Soldiers to realistically replicate Force-on-Force (FoF) and Force-on-Target (FoT) engagements. Our Tactical Engagement Simulation Systems (TESS) are representations of Soldier and weapon capabilities, vulnerabilities, and battlefield effects from the individual Soldier up to the Brigade Combat Team (BCT).
- Cubic’s all-domain Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) – Synthetic-Inject-to-Live (SITL) is the next-generation software capability that assures a true multi-domain training environment. It is a revolutionary, data-driven software platform designed to provide an all-domain, data-agnostic, holistic training environment that assesses Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2) for testing, training, and readiness in realistic peer-threat scenarios.
Coalition Connection – Data Delivered in a Mission–Partner Environment
Commercial Coalition Equipment (CCE) is a core component of a Mission Partner Environment (MPE), comprising expeditionary coalition or commercial network connectivity that enables mission command, network communications (e.g., voice, video, and data), and situational awareness between Army, Joint and coalition forces.
Each coalition country’s unique transport network connects to the coalition network. The U.S. Army connects to the coalition network through CCE over its tactical communications network. This easy-to-transport system ensures the Army sends and receives critical situational awareness with its coalition partners and contributes to a trusted, real-time, common operating picture across the theater of operations. Cubic’s M3-SE and RoIP solutions are the backbone of the CCE systems fielded by the U.S. Army. Operators can rapidly reconfigure CCE to enable secure tactical access for the coalition or commercial networks and support both civil and military operations.