Add to Calendar 2021-04-17 16:51:09 2021-04-17 16:51:09 AUSA Redstone- Huntsville Veterans Week! Description Location AUSA [email protected] America/Chicago public
A week of celebrating our Veterans! Various events and opportunities to volunteer.
- 3-11 NOV: Veterans Week Celebration
- 4 NOV: 7th Annual, 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War Lecture Series from 10:00am to 2:00pm at the Jackson Center. This year's guest speaker is Mr. Joe Bongiovanni. He will be talking about his experiences as a young Marine serving in Vietnam. The event is open to the public. Everyone is welcome. Register HERE. POC for this event John Perry, [email protected].
- 6 NOV: Heroes Week arrival (at least 2 arrivals at the HSV Airport), ~1030 and 1600. More details to come.
- 8 NOV:
- YMCA Veterans Prayer Breakfast @ Hogan YMCA in Madison. Coffee social in the Atrium at 0645, doors open at 0715, program begins at 0730. All attendees must register. Buy Tickets: https://www.ymcahuntsville.org/events/events-for-veterans/ $25 individual ticket; $300 table for 8. Event is FREE to all Veterans & Active Duty military - E-mail [email protected]. POC is Mary Ann Swanstrom at (256) 428-9622 ext. 3008.
- Huntsville/Madison City Veterans Dinner @ VBC South Hall, Reception – 1700 / Program – 1800.
- 9 NOV: 244th U.S. Marine Corps Birthday Ball @ Jackson Center. Reception – 1700 / Dinner – 1800. E1-5: $50; E6: $55; E7-9, W1-5, & O1-6: $60; Non GS Civs$65. (POC: 1SG Stracener / GnySGT Heath, (256) 213-9683, ext. 205, [email protected]; [email protected])
- 10 NOV: Veterans Steak and Baked Potato Dinner, 1800 @ Madison Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), 1400 Hughes Road, Madison, AL. Donations are welcome. (POC: Jim Samuelson, (256) 509-0508)
- 11 NOV:
- Veterans Day Breakfast @ The Roundhouse. Doors open at 0815; program begins at 0900.
- Boots at the Veterans Memorial 10 AM
- Veterans Parade in downtown Huntsville @1100