CSM Lynice D. Thorpe-Noel
Command Sgt. Maj. Lynice D. Thorpe-Noel is a native of Nashville, North Carolina. Thorpe-Noel began her Army career on October 2, 1989. She attended Basic Combat Training at Fort Dix, New Jersey and Advanced Individual Training in Fort Jackson, South Carolina where she obtained the Military Occupational Specialty of Administrative Assistant. She has a Master of Arts degree in Management and Leadership and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Management Studies.
Command Sgt. Maj. Thorpe-Noel has served in command and staff positions in the continental United States, Hawaii, and overseas in Europe.
Her key assignments include:
- Sergeant Major, Enlisted Personnel Management Directorate , HRC
- Command Sergeant Major, U.S. Army Garrison, Stuttgart, GE
- Command Sergeant Major, Headquarters, Main Command, Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Command Sergeant Major, U.S. Army Garrison, Pohakuloa, HI
- Branch Sergeant Major, HRC, Alexandria, VA
- First Sergeant, Headquarters, 38th Adjutant General Postal Company, Wurzburg, GE
- Equal Opportunity Advisor, U.S. Army Garrison, Fort Meyer, VA
- First Sergeant, U.S. Army Element Headquarters, European Command, Vaihingen, GE
- Drill Sergeant, C Company, 2nd Battalion, 28th Infantry, Fort Jackson, SC
Command Sergeant Major Thorpe-Noel is a graduate of the Noncommissioned Officer Education System, Executive Leaders Course, United States Army Sergeants Major Academy, Command Sergeant Major Force Management Course, Garrison Sergeant Majors Course, Sergeant Major Resources Course, Human Resources Management Course, Equal Opportunity Advisors Course, NATO Senior Noncommissioned Officer Orientation Course, and Drill Sergeant School.
Command Sergeant Major Thorpe-Noel’s awards and decorations include the Legion of Merit, Bronze Star Medal, Defense Meritorious Service Medal (with Oak Leaf Cluster), Meritorious Service Medal (with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters), Army Commendation Medal (with 5 Oak Leaf Clusters), Joint Service Achievement Medal (with Oak Leaf Cluster), Army Achievement Medal (with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters), Army Good Conduct Medal (9th Award), Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon (numeral 6), Overseas Service Ribbon (numeral 5), Kuwaiti Liberation Medal, Saudi Arabia Liberation Medal, Army Superior Unit Award (with Oak Leaf Cluster), Joint Meritorious Unit Award, Meritorious Unit Citation, and Drill Sergeant Identification Badge.