2017 Community Partnership Awards Announced
The Army has announced seven winners of its 2017 community partnership awards, which are given to military communities that have agreements that improve training, cut costs, create efficiencies or improve community relations.
The winners are:
- Fort Campbell and Montgomery County in Tennessee.
- Fort Devens Reserve Forces Training Center and the Devens Federal Medical Center in Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts Army National Guard’s Camp Edwards, the state of Massachusetts and Cape Cod Communities.
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord and Pierce County in Washington.
- Fort Lee, Virginia Commonwealth University and Medical College of Virginia in Virginia.
- Fort Leonard Wood and the Sustainable Ozarks Partnership in Missouri.
- Fort Wainwright and the city of Fairbanks in Alaska.
- The Army encourages a variety of partnerships, from memorandums of understanding or agreement to mutual aid agreements and intergovernmental support arrangements.
The awards will be presented in December at a Pentagon ceremony.