The Association of the United States Army is looking for a detail-oriented and experienced Meetings Manager to support a fast-paced department with a wide-range of professional development events. Ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of meeting planning experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- directly managing the planning and execution of multiple event components for meetings ranging from 100 to 6,500 attendees
- assisting with the coordination of AUSA’s Annual Meeting & Exposition that includes 30,000+ attendees
The ideal candidate:
- is a detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent skills in conference planning, program/speaker management, contract negotiation, budgeting, room block management, operations and onsite logistics
- is able to manage fast-paced and complicated meetings, interact with executives, and manage relationships with hotels, caterers, audio-visual, general service contractors and other service providers.
- is a high-level program facilitator adept at managing complex event programs spanning multiple days.
- nimble and highly-engaged project manager experienced at engaging cross-functional teams to ensure strategic objectives, marketing and event goals are met.
- racks and provides metrics for senior leadership reports with course correction recommendations to ensure attendance, sales and marketing goals are met. Oversees post event reconciliation and closeout including the tracking of statistical data, and creation of final reports.
- creates and manages detailed project management plans to ensure team components are delivered on-time and within budget
- is a polished professional, adept at actively engaging c-suite executives, developing stakeholder relationships and establishing event goals.
- oversees marketing components including printed event collateral, website updates and onsite signage. Candidate should have impeccable attention to detail, excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- has association and/or volunteer management experience a plus and CMP or similar designation strongly preferred.
- has an understanding of eShow or Fonteva
• Ability to travel to events as well as site visits
• Proven experience planning, budgeting, and managing complex, multi-day meetings
• Proven experience with contract review and negotiation
• Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills
• Able to multitask, work well under pressure and prioritize
• Database, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills required
AUSA is an equal opportunity employer and performs background checks.