Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to Director of Industry Programs
Purpose: The Meetings Coordinator will assist in and support the execution of a variety of events for the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) to include the Annual Meeting, Global Force Symposium & Exposition, LANPAC, Hot Topics and monthly breakfasts. The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative, logistical, marketing and customer service support to AUSA staff and members. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with exhibit management, including general inquiries, customer service, invoicing, contact updates, communications.
- Assist with event registration, including general inquiries, weekly reports, authorizing substitutions and refunds, communication and notification to all event participants, and organization and distribution of attendee materials.
- Assist with event speakers, including the collection of speaker biographies, contact information, and registration.
- Coordinate the shipping of conference and registration materials; including ordering and packing of supplies.
- Assist with show management shipment by verifying box labels and keeping accurate box counts.
- Assist staff with onsite preparations.
- Work alongside IT to ensure the event website is up to date.
- Assist in monitoring the housing process, including room blocks, reservation process, and pick-up.
- Support Senior Meetings Manager and Meetings Manager at events on-site.
- Respond to requests for information concerning meetings.
- Entry-Level Position.
- College degree in a relevant field; or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, database systems, and common office applications, such as Adobe.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with members, staff and vendors with effective communication skills and following accepted standards of business etiquette.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced pressure-filled, deadline oriented environment with minimal supervision. Ability to travel is a requirement. Ability to function as part of a team is a must.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $38,000-$40,000
AUSA provides an excellent benefits package with health, dental, life, disability, and 401(k).
AUSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates may send resume and cover letter to [email protected] to be considered.