AUSA's Education & Programs Directorate, based in Arlington, VA, is seeking a content writer to join our editorial team to enrich AUSA’s writing program.
The mission of our Directorate, a thought leader on landpower, is to inform and educate AUSA’s members and other stakeholders, as well as the general public, on the nature and character of land warfare and the U.S. Army. Our team carries out its mission through research projects, conferences and educational materials.
The content writer’s responsibilities include:
- conducting thorough research on industry-related topics to generate ideas for new content;
- proofreading to maintain quality written pieces that appeal to the AUSA community;
- submitting work to Director and Editorial Manager for input and approval; and,
- ensuring all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
Assisting in the publication of the AUSA writing program, the content writer must be able to:
- take direction well;
- work well independently;
- have a mind for small details;
- have a working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style;
- be comfortable following house style;
- be well-versed in the fine points of grammar; and,
- have a good eye for general linguistic style.
All candidates must have writing experience. While a relevant degree would be helpful, demonstrable competent performance in the writing world will also suffice to qualify potential candidates.
The content writer will report directly to the Director of Education & Programs, and will also communicate as needed with the rest of our team, most frequently with our editorial manager and graphic artist.
Including a writing sample is optional, and the parameters are broad; we are interested to see anything that you think best demonstrates your capabilities.