AUSA encourages all chapters to champion policies, programs and budgets to promote and support the Total Army and national security, both locally and nationally. However, we do ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- IRS 501 (c) (3) tax exemption status requires no influence of elections.
- Therefore, we are prohibited from engaging, directly or indirectly, in any political campaign for or against a candidate for local, state or federal office.
- We can all meet with our senators, representatives, and congressional staff.
- Meet as a U.S. Citizen, Constituent, Soldier, Veteran, Patriot and AUSA Member – Region/Chapter President
- Advocate for AUSA Focus Areas.
- AUSA does not lobby or advocate for state and local legislation.
- Be careful about inviting elected officials to an AUSA event.
- No campaign speeches or campaigning.
- Consult with VP, Membership & Meetings and Government Affairs
Any questions regarding chapter advocacy should be directed to a member of the Government Affairs team.