First Militia Scholarship
First Militia Scholarship
First Militia Chapter, Association of the United States Army (FMC) is pleased to announce the availability of merit scholarships.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Is of good moral character, who demonstrates the seven Army Values: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage
- A U.S. citizen with no felony convictions or pending legal charges
- A high school graduate with a 2.5 GPA or higher (4.0) scale, OR
- A current full-time (12+ credit hrs) college student with 45 credit hrs or less, OR
- A military service member, a full-time college student with 60 credit hrs or less
- A current member of the First Militia Chapter may sponsor herself/himself in accordance with applicant criteria above; however, applicant must have been a FMC member prior to 01 March 2019 (the official date of announcement of the 2019 Scholarship Program)
- Members may sponsor one relative or dependent within applicant criteria above
- Senior Army Instructors (SAI) may sponsor one JROTC graduating senior cadet provided the SAI is a current member of the FMC
We are accepting applications from 01 March – 30 June 2019. Each scholarship will be $1,000. Applicants must not have received a FMC scholarship previously. There are three scholarships that will be awarded; applications will be ranked on the following:
- Academic Accomplishments
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Community Service
- Personal Essay, Topic: What are your long term goals and how will a college degree help you accomplish them?
Application deadline is 30 June 2019
All acceptable applications will be reviewed by the First Militia Chapter Scholarship Selection Committee. The decision of the Scholarship Selection Committee is final. Recipients will be notified of their selection no later than the last week of July 2019. The FMC will present the scholarships during the August 2019 General Membership Meeting.
Return the Scholarship Application Form along with the Applicant Accomplishments Worksheet and other required documentation using mail or email:
Applications must be postmarked or emailed no later than 30 June 2019.
Only applications received at the address or email address above by 30 June 2019 will be considered. Applicants are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to contact CPT Roye Locklear at (904)823‐0375 prior to close‐ of‐business 30 June 2019 to verify the committee’s receipt of application. If you have questions, please call (904)823‐0375 or email [email protected]