AUSA’s Thought Leaders livestream series—an extension of our Thought Leaders podcast—will temporarily take the place of the General Bernard W. Rogers Strategic Issues Forum and General Lyman L. Lemnitzer Lecture Series.
With a tight focus on senior military leaders and contemporary military authors, Thought Leaders seeks to educate the public on critical issues affecting land forces and strategy. Please join us on Tuesday, 5 January 2021 at 1000 to hear a roundtable discussion with authors of Breaching the Summit: Leadership Lessons from the U.S. Military’s Best.
- Kenneth O. Preston, 13th Sergeant Major of the Army
- Michael P. Barrett, 17th Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps
- Rick D. West, 12th Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy
- James A. Roy, 16th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
- Denise M. Jelinek-Hall, 3rd Senior Enlisted Advisor to the National Guard Bureau
- Charles W. "Skip" Bowen, 10th Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard
- Tuesday, 5 January 2021
About the Book
In their collaborative work, Breaching the Summit, six former senior enlisted leaders—each of whom reached the highest levels of the Pentagon—share their personal stories, experiences, and lessons learned through a lifetime of service. Each of the six authors provides a personal account of his or her background and early career in the military, how mentors influenced and encouraged them throughout their personal journeys, and what it took to eventually become the highest enlisted member of their respective branch of service.
Their stories illustrate lessons that are applicable to both existing and aspiring leaders, members of the military or civilians. The authors weave their hard-earned leadership philosophies into the book, painting a compelling portrait of the journey to becoming a trusted, authentic, and effective leader.