The AUSA Monmouth Chapter serves the New Jersey County of Monmouth. Our mission, Voice for the Army-Support for the Soldier, is supported by four pillars; the first is fundraising, the second is raising community awareness, the third is soldier support and the fourth is focused community education.
These pillars are implemented through the many activities that are highlighted below:
- Well established AUSA Monmouth County annual community events, such as the Gingerbread Ball and the BlueClaws Night at the Ballpark, raise funds to support the Fisher House Foundation. Additional annual events include our Pancake Breakfast and Golf Tournaments, both raising funds to support our Service Dog Initiative.
- Robust participation in community based organizations including the Monmouth Regional Chamber of Commerce (MRCC), the Monmouth Park Charity Fund, the Eatontown Industrial Park Association (EIPA) and the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Veterans Council.
- Active support through activities/events involving NJ based Soldiers currently serving in the United States Army, the Army Reserve, and the Army National Guard.
- Recognition and support for NJ Veterans and Retirees through fundraising and participation in various Veteran’s organizations, Veteran’s Councils and Veterans Retirement Homes.
- Collaboration with other organizations supporting the United States Army including the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Army Aviation Association of America (AAAA), the Garden State Chapter of the Association of Old Crows (AOC), the Greater Monmouth Chapter of the Armed Forces Communications-Electronics Association (AFCEA) and the NJ Veterans Administration to raise funds and support programs focused on active Army, Veterans, Retirees and their families.
- We recognize our Gold Star Families with Honor and Remember Flags and participate in the annual NJ Run for the Fallen.
- Educational activities and promotional events that tell the Army story by directly interacting with the local community. This also includes running events to fund our Soldier Support Initiative.
- Support for JROTC High School students through our Scholarship Awards Program.