Greater Kansas City Chapter
(KC AUSA) (Chapter #5503)
KC AUSA VISION:
KC AUSA connects our community with the United States Army.
KC AUSA MISSION:
The chapter supports soldiers, families, Army civilian professionals, and the local community through our programs, products, resources, and events.
What does KC AUSA do?
- Educates the stakeholders we serve with programs, products, resources, and events.
- Informs our stakeholders and the public about issues affecting America’s Army.
- Connects local and regional Army units, community partners, like-minded associations, and other supporters at the chapter, regional, and national levels (ROTC, Recruiting, business/industry, community leaders, veterans / retirees, VFW / DAV / American Legion).
What value does KC AUSA provide?
- Provides educational programs, speakers, community outreach events, awards programs, and Soldier for Life programs.
- Supports Army installations, units, organizations, associations, and community partners.
- Facilitates better understanding and meaningful connections between the Army and communities across the Greater Kansas City Chapter footprint.
- BG (Ret) Bryan Wampler - President
- LTC (Ret) Jim Martin, Ph.D. - Executive Vice President
- COL Todd A. Schmidt, Ph.D. - Secretary
- LTC (Ret) K. Brogan Farren - Treasurer
- LTC (Ret) Tom Meier - Legal Advisor
- COL (Ret) Scott Weaver - Immediate Past President
- CSM Robert O’Dea - Army Recruitment
- David Toops - Communications
- MAJ (Ret) Emma Toops - Community Partners
- LTC (Ret) Bob Bennett - Marketing
- LTC (Ret) John Nelson - Membership
- 1SG (Ret) Mike McCorkendale - NCO & Soldiers Programs
- Karen McAbee - Programs
- LTC (Ret) Grant Montgomery - ROTC & Awards
- MAJ (Ret) Dave Vodarick - Soldier for Life Programs
- 2LT Aaron Eyerly - Young Professionals
- CSM (Ret) Robert Gessler - Army Reserve Programs
- Vacant - Kansas ARNG Programs
- Vacant - Missouri ARNG Programs
- Vacant - Development/Philanthropy
- Vacant - Family Readiness
- Vacant - Department of the Army Civilians and Military Technicians
- Vacant - Government Affairs
Board of Advisors
- COL (Ret) Scott Weaver - Chairman
- COL (Ret) Jackie “Jack” D. Kem, Ph.D.
- COL (Ret) Robert M. Maggio
- Mr. Christopher F. Sirridge, M.D.
- BG (Ret) Christopher L. Spillman
- MG (Ret) Michael W. Symanski
- COL (Ret) Robert R. Ulin
- Mr. Eugene “Gene” R. Wilson
- CH (COL-Ret) Marion D. Pember
The Greater Kansas City Chapter of AUSA is a volunteer led chapter founded in September 1999. The chapter footprint includes Wyandotte, Johnson, Miami, Linn, Bourbon, Crawford, and Cherokee counties in Kansas and Platte, Clay, Ray, Jackson, Lafayette, Cass, Johnson, Bates, Henry, Vernon, St. Clair, Barton, and Cedar in Missouri.
Membership: AUSA is open to everyone - including all ranks and components - whether you have a relationship with the U.S. Army or simply want to honor those who serve.
Membership Types: Premium (Life & Renewable), Basic (Free), Community Partners, National Partners (https://www.ausa.org/membership).