Audio Visual Specialist
Job Opening: February 2017
The Association of the United States Army (AUSA) is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and seeks to hire an Audio/Visual Specialist to support activities occurring at the AUSA Conference and Event Center. This position requires a combination of attention to detail, multi-tasking, and technical skills. The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of related work experience with demonstrated proficiency in Audio/Visual technologies in a fast paced meetings/event related activities.
S/he must have understanding of numerous A/V technologies, ideally to include the use of Crestron, Polycom, VBrick, Appspace, Vaddio or related products as well as digital media and graphics proficiency including experience working with PowerPoint and Photoshop. Experience working in a nonprofit or association with a focus on membership and meetings is ideal. Affiliation with and/or appreciation of the United States Army is desired.
Responsibilities of the A/V Specialist include:
- Set up and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and other functions such as meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
- Set up and operate sound equipment.
- Confer with meeting director to establish cues and directions.
- Monitor sound feeds to ensure quality.
- Test and resolve media system problems.
- Mix sound inputs and video feeds.
- Switch video input sources from one feed to another.
- Compress and digitize audio and video data.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- General knowledge of Audio video formats, including both analog and digital compression.
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software with an emphasis on Microsoft products. Full working knowledge of all basic components of IT infrastructure, hardware, and software.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and familiarity with presentation best practices.
- Intermediate analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some evening work and weekend work required.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) required.
- Post-secondary education, training or experience in audio/visual technology ideal.
- At least 2-3 years of professional level experience, particularly in a matrixed and geographically dispersed non-profit.
- Experience helping to manage and coordinate projects, including experience supporting audio and video conferences over GoToMeeting, Adobe Connect, Open Voice, Skype, Google Hangout or similar technology.
- Experience installing, configuring, testing, calibrating and maintaining audio video systems and equipment, including video screens, projectors, and audio equipment. Experience with Crestron systems a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected]
AUSA offers a highly competitive Benefits Package.