1. What is AUSA? (www.ausa.org): The Association of the United States Army (AUSA) is an educational, non-profit [501(c)(3)] association established in 1950. AUSA supports soldiers, families, and Army civilian professionals; provides a voice for the Army; and honors those who have served through over 120 chapters worldwide.
2. What is KC AUSA? (https://www.ausa.org/chapters/greater-kansas-city-chapter | www.facebook.com/kcausa): The Greater Kansas City Chapter of AUSA is a volunteer led chapter founded in September 1999. The chapter footprint includes Wyandotte, Johnson, Miami, Linn, Bourbon, Crawford, and Cherokee counties in Kansas and Platte, Clay, Ray, Jackson, Lafayette, Cass, Johnson, Bates, Henry, Vernon, St. Clair, Barton, and Cedar in Missouri.
Vision: KC AUSA connects our community with the U.S. Army.
Mission: The chapter supports soldiers, families, Army civilian professionals, and the local community through our programs, products, resources, and events.
3. What does KC AUSA do?
- Educates the stakeholders we serve with programs, products, resources, and events.
- Informs our stakeholders and the public about issues affecting America’s Army.
- Connects local and regional Army units, community partners, like-minded associations, and other supporters at the chapter, regional, and national levels (ROTC, Recruiting, business/industry, community leaders, veterans / retirees, VFW / DAV / American Legion).
4. What value does KC AUSA provide?
- Provides educational programs, speakers, community outreach events, awards programs, and Soldier for Life programs.
- Supports Army installations, units, organizations, associations, and community partners.
- Facilitates better understanding and meaningful connections between the Army and communities across the Greater Kansas City Chapter footprint.
5. Membership: AUSA is open to everyone - including all ranks and components - whether you have a relationship with the U.S. Army or simply want to honor those who serve.
6. Membership Types: Premium (Life & Renewable), Basic (Free), Community Partners, National Partners (https://www.ausa.org/membership).
7. Additional Information: For additional information email [email protected].