NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open to the public to those who sign up at https://www.ausa.org/flash-campaign-army-ten-miler and who are 18 or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Association of the United States Army as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 15 August 2017, 9:00 EST and ending 18 August 2017, 9:00 EST. All online entries must be received by 18 August 2017, 9:00 EST
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.ausa.org/flash-campaign-army-ten-miler. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Association of the United States Army
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive rights to one registration slot in the Army Ten-Miler ($75 value), which the Winner must claim before 21 August 2017, 11:59EST. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Association of the United States Army. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No transfer/assignment of prize to others in exchange for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Association of the United States Army to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Association of the United States Army. Winner will be notified by email within five (1) day following selection of Winner. The Association of the United States Army shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize by 21 August 2017, 11:59EST, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by winner (at the Association of the United States Army’s sole discretion) will result in winner’s disqualification as winner of the campaign, and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Association of the United States Army, anyone acting on behalf of the Association of the United States Army, and the Association of the United States Army’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: The Association of the United States Army reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Association of the United States Army’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Association of the United States Army may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Association of the United States Army. the Association of the United States Army reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. the Association of the United States Army has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Association of the United States Army reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Association of the United States Army and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF VIRGINIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of Virginia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Association of the United States Army, 2425 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia, 22201, USA. Requests must be received no later than 1 October 2017, 12:00PM EST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the Association of the United States Army, 2425 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia, 22201, USA.
15. Disclaimers: The Campaign hosted by the Association of the United States Army is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Distribution of this announcement does not constitute endorsement by the Federal Government, the DoD, or the Army.
16. By entering this contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.