The Stuttgart Chapter was originally activated on 27 May 1957 as the Kelley Barracks Chapter of AUSA. Our local organization was redesignated as the Stuttgart Chapter,on 06 February 1971.
In the 1970's and 80's, the Stuttgart Chapter was comprised of ten sub-chapters, with six in the Greater Stuttgart Military Community.
Individual membership in the Chapter numbered over 1900 in April 1984. Companies and organizations enrolled as Corporate Members reached a peak of ninety-six in November 1989.
Following the drawdown of the early 1990's, the sub-chapter structure was discontinued. The Stuttgart Chapter continues to pursue AUSA's mission of helping to preserve the Army, and especially the men and women who serve in their noble profession of arms as Soldiers in the greatest Army in the world.