DATE: May 3, 2010
SUBJECT: Registration Instructions for 2010 Annual Meeting
This memorandum is the official announcement of the availability of tickets to special events at the AUSA Annual Meeting on 25-27 October 2010 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC. Chapters who have the electronic capability are required to register on line for this years’ Annual Meeting. All others may contact Ilse Dorman at 1-800-336-4570 ext. 681 for a registration form hard copy. Only AUSA members may register in advance, all others must register at the Annual Meeting. The Headquarters Hotel is the Renaissance Washington D.C. Hotel at 9th & K Streets, NW.
I would like to highlight the following points:
a. Tickets are on first come, first served basis for many events.
b. Ticket orders must be received by Monday, August 31, 2010.
c. The ROTC luncheon is for senior ROTC cadets. However, we will continue to allow JROTC cadets to attend on a space available basis.
d. We will provide complementary tickets for chapter award recipients at the respective events. See enclosed Registration Instructions for details.
We look forward to another outstanding meeting this fall and trust your Chapter will be able to attend. Should you have any questions concerning any part of this memo, please do not hesitate to call the Regional Activities Department, AUSA National Headquarters at 1-800-336-4570, ext. 681.
Encl: Registration Instructions
1. REGISTRATION DEADLINE -- Completed Chapter registration forms and full payment must be received at National NLT August 31, 2010. Seating reservations are filled on a first come basis.
2. REGISTRATION -- Anyone attending must be registered. Chapters making consolidated reservations must submit the names of their personnel attending so that name tags may be prepared prior to their arrival at the Annual Meeting. State Presidents, Chapter Presidents, delegates and alternates for the Business Meeting should be identified as such.
a. Chapters requesting multiple tickets must appoint ONE individual (POC) and alternate to be responsible for receipt and distribution of ALL function tickets and name tags at the hotel. Tickets and badges cannot be distributed out of the Regional Activities office in the Convention Center. This is intended to eliminate duplicate orders. The chapter POC can pick-up the tickets at the AUSA Will Call/Ticket Pick-Up area of the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (entrance from L Street, first floor). Name and phone number of the POC should appear on the registration form. Advanced ticket-pick-up for Chapters is on Saturday (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and Sunday 8:00 a.m. until 17:00.
b. WHO TO INCLUDE -- Include all those who will sit with your Chapter delegation at the Eisenhower Luncheon and/or Marshall Dinner. If you have a region officer (other than a Region President) within your Chapter area, his/her ticket request should be submitted through the Chapter to ensure seating with the Chapter delegation. Region Presidents and their spouses ARE NOT to be included on your Chapter's registration form. Prior to submitting a request for seating of currently serving General Officers (Active, Guard, Reserve) please clear through the Regional Activities office at National Headquarters (1-800-336-4570, Ext. 681); many of these general officers are extended invitations directly from AUSA National.
c. PAYMENT:--Ticket orders must be accompanied with full payment by either check or credit card. Multiple credit cards for one order will not be accepted.
d. Please be advised that special needs of registrants under the Americans with Disabilities Act will be met to the extent possible. Please advise us at the time of your registration of any special needs which you anticipate with regard to those persons you are registering.
4. FUNCTION ATTENDANCE -- Tickets must be obtained in order to participate in the following functions:
a. Guard/Reserve Breakfast – Held on Monday, 25 October at the Washington D.C. Convention Center. In previous years this event was by invitation only. However, because of increasing interest it is now a partially open function. Individual seats are $35.00. Only a limited number of tickets will be sold. Chapter orders are limited to two tickets. Expect this event to sell out early. Dress is Class A uniform, ACU or business attire
b. ROTC Luncheon - Held on Monday, 25 October at the Washington Renaissance Hotel (function room TBD at a later time). This luncheon is limited to Senior ROTC/Military Academy cadets, Professors of Military Science and Cadre -- order only if the chapter is sponsoring cadets. There is no charge for this luncheon. A separate memo and ticket order form will be sent to each Senior ROTC host institution and extension center informing them of all ROTC related activities at the Annual Meeting. Dress is Class A uniform, ACU or business attire.
c. Corporate Member Luncheon - Held on Monday, 25 October. The luncheon will honor the corporate members and Chapter representatives at the Washington Renaissance Hotel (function room TBD at a later time). There will be no charge for this function. If you need more than that please call Ilse Dorman, at 1-800-336-4570 ext. 681. Dress is Class A uniform, ACU or business attire. If the initial number of tickets requested exceeds the number available, we will advise the Chapters on 2 September of the number of tickets they will receive.
d. President's Reception - Held on Monday evening, 25 October, at the Washington D.C. Convention Center’s main ball room. Tickets for this function may be ordered in advance, or, if you are not sure of what your final requirements will be at the time you submit your initial request, extra tickets will be on sale at the AUSA Sales Booth, Washington Convention Center beginning at 1:00 p.m. Sunday, 24 October. Price per ticket is $45.00. Dress is Class A uniform, ACU or business attire.
e. Dwight D. Eisenhower Luncheon - Held Tuesday, 26 October, at the Washington D.C. Convention Center. Individual seats are $55.00 and full tables, $550.00. Dress is Class A uniform, ACU or business attire.
f. Army Civilian Luncheon - Held on Wednesday, 27 October, at the Washington D.C. Convention Center. The luncheon will honor U. S. Government Civilian employees (all categories) who attend the Annual Meeting. Chapters should consider including an Army Civilian member as a part of the Chapter delegation so they may be represented at the Army Civilian Professional Development Seminar and luncheon. Individual seats are $45.00 and full tables, $450.00 Dress is Class A uniform, ACU or business attire. The first 3 tickets for this event are complementary.
g. George Catlett Marshall Reception - Held in the Washington D.C. Convention Center’s Exhibit Halls on Wednesday, 27 October, immediately prior to the Marshall Dinner. Tickets may be purchased with your initial request, or they may be purchased at the AUSA Sales Booth. Price per ticket is $40.00. You may attend the reception without attending the dinner or vice versa. Class A uniform, business attire for the reception; black tie, Dress Blue or Mess Dress if you are attending the dinner.
h. George Catlett Marshall Dinner – Held on Wednesday, 27 October, at the Washington D.C. Convention Center’s main ball room. Individual seats are $95.00 and full tables $950.00. Dress is black tie, Dress Blue or Mess Dress.
5. TICKET REFUNDS -- Refunds for tickets purchased and/or cancellations must be made in writing and must be received by Regional Activities NLT Friday, 26 September. Cancellations made after that date will be refunded ONLY IF TICKET(S) ARE RESOLD. Refunds will not be made for tickets returned on the day of the function.
6. DELEGATES -- Each Chapter is authorized one Delegate and one Alternate as representatives at the AUSA Business Meeting held on Tuesday, 26 October. Other members of the Chapter delegation may attend as observers only.
7. INVITATIONS TO NATIONAL CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATIONS -- Chapters are reminded to extend invitations to their congressional delegations to attend the professional sessions. Remember to include them when making reservations for any of the social activities requiring tickets. Please identify by name any Senators or Representatives who will attend and notify our Director of Government Affairs, Bill Loper at email@example.com.
8. CHAPTER HOSPITALITY SUITE OPERATION – The Industry Affairs Directorate will mail out reservation forms for sleeping rooms, hospitality suites and function rooms later this month.
9. AWARD RECIPIENT TICKETS –Tickets will be provided free of charge for recipients of chapter awards presented at the Guard and Reserve Breakfast, Corporate Member Luncheon and DA Civilian Luncheon. Free tickets will be limited to two for the award recipient and his/her guest and one for a chapter representative per event. Since award winners will not be known until late August, chapters registering early will receive a refund, if appropriate.
2008 ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRATION FORM
Please return in enclosed envelope to: AUSA, ATTN: Regional Activities
P.O. Box 1560, Arlington, VA 22210-0860
Chapter Name & Number
Official POC & Position in Chapter
POC's Daytime Phone Number
Order only if sponsoring cadets
Monday, 6 October ticket(s) @ No Charge
GUARD/RESERVE LEADERSHIP BREAKFAST
Monday, 6 October ticket(s) @ 35.00
Corporate Member Luncheon
Free of charge
Monday, 6 October ticket(s) @ $ 45.00
DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER LUNCHEON
Tuesday, 7 October ticket(s) @ $ 55.00
table(s) @ $550.00
ARMY CIVILIAN LUNCHEON
Wednesday, 8 October ticket(s) @ $ 45.00
table(s) @ $450.00
GEORGE C. MARSHALL RECEPTION
Wednesday, 8 October ticket(s) @ $ 40.00
**GEORGE C. MARSHALL DINNER
Wednesday, 8 October ticket(s) @ $ 95.00
table(s) @ $950.00
TOTAL TICKET AMOUNT
VISA ( ) MasterCard ( ) AMEX ( ) # Expires: ___/___
Cardholder: (as appears on card)
*Non-member tickets must be purchased on-site; there will be no advance sales.
** Indicates allocated seating (see accompanying memo).
(IMPORTANT: Full payment must accompany registration form either by check, money order or credit card.
Multiple credit cards for one ticket order will not be accepted)