Since 1999, AUSA's Family Programs Directorate has worked to support the needs and interests of Army families by:
- Traveling to installations around the world to make presentations, host focus groups and receive briefings on housing, TRICARE, family readiness programs, Army Community Service programs and children's education issues;
- Gathering information from Army families to use in AUSA legislative and advocacy efforts;
- Representing AUSA on various Department of the Army and Department of Defense councils and task forces such as the Army's Well-Being Consortium, the Youth Education Advisory Working Group, the AAFES and DeCA Advisory Councils, the In-State Tuition Working Group and the Spouse Employment Summit;
- Supporting the Army Family Action Plan, as well as numerous family readiness activities including active duty, reserve and National Guard family training events;
- Administering the annual AUSA Volunteer Family of the Year Award which recognizes the importance of families and volunteers to the success of the Army mission;
- Working with AUSA Chapters to support Army family events and programs at local installations.
- Hosting Military Family Forums dealing with Army well-being and family support issues at the AUSA Annual Meeting.
The Family Programs Update
AUSA Family Programs publishes a weekly newsletter with information about Family Programs activities and news for Army families. Subscribe Now.
AUSA Additional Member Benefit ID Card for Spouses
Spouses of AUSA members may obtain this card in their own name. It entitles them to all the benefits and privileges of a regular membership in the Association of the United States Army. To obtain a card, call Valerie Holman at 1-800-336-4570, ext. 2614 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Programs Will Come to You
To ensure that AUSA Family Programs truly represents Army families, it is very important that we visit installations and units and meet with family members to understand their needs and concerns. To schedule a Family Programs speaker for your installation or unit event please contact us at 800-336-4570 x 2674 or 2404, or e-mail email@example.com.