Since 1999, AUSA's Family Readiness Directorate has worked to support the needs and interests of Army families by:
- Traveling to installations around the world to make presentations, host focus groups and receive briefings on housing, TRICARE, family readiness programs, Army Community Service programs and children's education issues;
- Gathering information from Army families to use in AUSA legislative and advocacy efforts;
- Representing AUSA on various Department of the Army and Department of Defense councils and task forces such as the Army's Well-Being Consortium, the Youth Education Advisory Working Group, the AAFES and DeCA Advisory Councils, the In-State Tuition Working Group and the Spouse Employment Summit;
- Supporting the Army Family Action Plan, as well as numerous family readiness activities including active duty, reserve and National Guard family training events;
- Administering the annual AUSA Volunteer Family of the Year Award which recognizes the importance of families and volunteers to the success of the Army mission;
- Working with AUSA Chapters to support Army family events and programs at local installations.
- Hosting Military Family Forums dealing with Army well-being and family support issues at the AUSA Annual Meeting.
The Family Readiness Update
AUSA Family Programs publishes a weekly newsletter with information about Family Programs activities and news for Army families. Subscribe Now.